Learning the Letter S Make a Copy
Digital Lesson Type: Multimedia Text Set
Link to lesson
letter 1 grade English English
Learning letter S
- Subject(s): ELA
- Topic or Unit of Study: Letters
- Grade/Level: Kindergarten
- Objective: Students can identify the letter S and know how to write it.
- Time Allotment: 45 minutes
- Anticipatory Set: Alpha Tails video S, Writing S worksheet, marker, and Poster paper.
- Direct Instruction: Instructions to watch a video, Move to the worksheet.
- Guided Practice: Outline the letter S
- Check for Understanding: Pointing out things that start with S
- Independent Practice: Worksheet with the letter S
- Closing: Check for understanding.
- Visual Learners: Tracing the S with fingers
- Auditory Learners: Listing to instructions and videos.
- Kinesthetic Learners: Working on the worksheet.
- ESL Students: working with them more for clearer understanding.
- At-risk Students: Working through frustrations if they have any.
- Advanced Learners: Letting them have a free choice when finished.
Materials & Resources
- Instructional Materials: Video, worksheet.
- Resources: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnw9Otfnod8
At the end of the lesson, my goal is for the students to have a clear understanding of the letter S. They will know how to write the letter S, identify words with the letter S, and know what sound S makes.